Department of Homeland Security I 693 requires proof of specific immunizations and testing to complete the medical portion of your application. Lab testing required must be certified by the laboratory completing the testing and must include the following:
RPR Serology Results AND Gonorrhea (GC-NAAT) urine test (effective 8/2016)
This is a blood test for syphilis required for all applicants 15 years, or older and the gonorrhea test is a urine test required as well.
IGRA Gold Blood Test
As of 2018, IGRA Gold Blood Test is needed for all applicants over age 2 to test for Tuberculosis. Skin testing is no longer acceptable.
Proof of the following immunizations is required at the time of examination:
1. DTP (diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis) (ages 10 and up)
2. Polio (IPV ages 1-17)
3. MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) (ages 1-64)
4. Hib (age appropriate) (ages 1-5)
5. Hepatitis A (ages 1-2)
6. Hepatitis B (ages birth through 18)
7. Varicella (immunization or physician’s certification that you have had the chickenpox) (all ages)
8. Flu vaccine (all ages during flu season, Sept-May)
9. Pneumonia vaccine (ages 65 and older)
10. Meningitis vaccine (ages 11-18)
11. Rotovirus (age appropriate) (6 weeks through 8 months)
Cost of examination is $150.00, plus $65.00 for drug testing for a total of $215.00 payable by cash or credit card.
NOTE: If records are not available you MUST get the vaccines, OR you may have blood testing done for each of the required immunizations to determine if you have immunity.
YOU MUST BRING RESULTS OR CERTIFIED REPORTS WITH YOU FOR ALL REQUIRED LAB AND IMMUNIZATIONS AT THE TIME OF YOUR VISIT.
You may also visit the Homeland Security web site for more information.
I 693 examination forms are available at our facility